Top 50 Docker Interview Questions and Answers
(as of Oct 26,2021 12:56:17 UTC – Details)
Introduction: Docker Interview Questions
This book contains Top 50 Docker interview questions that are asked in a technical interview. The focus is on commands and concepts inside Docker. It is an important topic for a software developer to know about Docker.
It is a compilation of advanced Docker interview questions after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Oracle, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time.
Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of Docker concepts.
How will this book help me?
By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for Docker interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest Docker Interview questions.
Are there answers in this book?
Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.
What is the best way of reading this book?
You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in Docker.
What is the level of questions in this book?
This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.
What are the sample questions in this book?
- What is the difference between Docker image and Docker container?
- How will you remove an image from Docker?
- How is a Docker container different from a hypervisor?
- Can we write compose file in json file instead of yaml?
- Can we run multiple apps on one server with Docker?
- What are the common use cases of Docker?
- What is the role of open source development in the popularity of Docker?
- What is the difference between Docker commands: up, run and start?
- What are the features of Docker Swarm?
- Do you think Docker is Application-centric or Machine-centric?
- Can we lose our data when a Docker Container exits?
- Can we run more than one process in a Docker container?
- What are the objects created by Docker Cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2?
- How will you take backup of Docker container volumes in AWS S3?
- What are the popular tasks that you can do with Docker Command line tool?
- What type of applications- Stateless or Stateful are more suitable for Docker Container?
- How can Docker run on different Linux distributions?
- Why do we use Docker on top of a virtual machine?
- How can Docker container share resources?
- What is the difference between Add and Copy command in a Dockerfile?
- What is the purpose of EXPOSE command in Dockerfile?
- What are the different kinds of namespaces available in a Container?
- How will you monitor Docker in production?
- What are the Cloud platforms that support Docker?
- How can we control the startup order of services in Docker compose?
- Why Docker compose does not wait for a container to be ready before moving on to start next service in dependency order?
- How will you customize Docker compose file for different environments?