10 Sample Interview Questions For Teens
Everyone gets a little tongue tied answering job interview questions…
Most adults dread going on job interviews. So can you imagine how nerve-wracking it is for your teen-ager at his very first job interview?
One of the best things you can do to prepare your teen (or even yourself!) for an interview is to hold a “mock interview” at home.
That’s why I’ve put together the 10 most common interview questions and answers so you can help your teen appear cool as a cucumber!
1) Question: Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this job?
Answer: Because I’m responsible, reliable, and a hard worker.
2) Question: Do you have any experience in this type of work?
Answer: If you have related experience, tell them about it.
But if you don’t have experience, then answer: Not exactly, but I am a fast learner and I’m excited to learn as much as I can about (blank).
3) Question: Tell me about a strength of yours.
Answer: I’m a good listener and I like to be around people.
4) Tell me about a weakness of yours.
Answer: I’ve been called a perfectionist, but I like to do things right.
5) Question: Are you available on week-ends?
Answer: Yes I am. And if ever I’m not, I’ll be sure to let you know well in advance.
6) Tell me about how you would handle a difficult customer.
Answer: I would politely listen to their complaint without interrupting them, and then try to help them solve the problem.
7) How would you handle working with someone you don’t particularly like?
Answer: I get along easily with people – I don’t think that would be a problem.
8) What position do you think would fit you best?
Answer: I would like to learn as many different positions and jobs as I can. I’m really flexible.
9) Do you have your own transportation?
Answer: Yes. (if you do) or I don’t have my own car, but my parents have agreed to drive me to work.
10) Why should I hire you?
Answer: Because I have a positive attitude and I’ll work hard every day.
The most important thing you can do when answering job interview questions is to smile and be yourself. Most interviewers are very nice people!